Social Media Audit: What It Is and Why You Need One
Posted on 1st December 2020 at 09:39
When you’re looking to purchase a new gadget, what do you do? How about when you’re looking up a new restaurant, boutique or pet shop? You’ll probably go online. Once the search results appear, you’ll either click on a relevant company website or social media account, or both.
If you have a business, no matter the size, you know you need to be on social media. However, there a lot of businesses who have social media accounts, but aren’t using them as they should. Some are badly in need of updating, whilst others are unresponsive to comments and inquiries.
This is unfortunate because, if you’re not using social media right, you’re losing opportunities. In fact, social selling can make a big difference to your bottom line. So, if you’re in the same boat and want to start using social media efficiently, you’ll benefit from a social media audit.
What is a social media audit?
A social media audit is a process which entails evaluating and assessing an organisation’s social media accounts and strategies.
It is an effective way of uncovering what you’re doing right (and what not) with your social media platforms. It also provides insights into what your competition is doing and what platforms they are utilising online.
With this information, you’ll be able to address areas of improvement in your socials and fill any gaps or opportunities that need to be addressed.
Other benefits of a social media audit
A social media audit also offers the following additional benefits:
• You’ll receive professional feedback about content insights, particularly concerning what you need to keep and what needs to be modified.
• You’ll find out why your social media posts aren’t getting the response you want. If you’re after conversions, a social media audit will tell you why you’re not getting these. More importantly, you’ll find ways to reach more people and increase engagement.
• You’ll discover methods that you need to tap whether you’re already using social media ads or need to start using these untapped resources or features.
• You’ll know and understand your social media strengths and weaknesses, particularly in relation to your competitors.
• You’ll learn to maximise your different social media profiles to attract your target audience, engage your followers, and convert leads into customers.
• You’ll have the opportunity to strategize and work out a solution to harness the potential of various social media platforms.
With a social media audit, you’ll be able to make improvements on your different profiles, plan your posts and create content that’ll work for your business.
However, a social media audit is a time-consuming project.
You’ll also need experts to guide you and help you understand all the information generated to come up with actionable strategies. That’s why we’re here to help.
Share this post: